In addition to being a time and cost intensive process, protein engineering is fraught with several challenges; considering the expertise available with protein design and engineering service providers to design novel molecules, drug developers are actively outsourcing their operations
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Protein Engineering Market” report to its list of offerings
Owing to the various benefits offered by protein therapeutics this domain has gained significant traction from the medical community. Players engaged in the development of protein therapeutics have demonstrated a preference to continue relying on protein design and engineering service and technology providers, in order to optimize drug development cost and research timelines. Driven by increase in the number of protein-based therapies and availability of advanced services and technologies offered by stakeholders, the protein design and engineering market is projected to grow at a steady pace in the foreseen future.
To order this 280+ page report, which features 85+ figures and 145+ tables, please visit
Key Market Insights
Around 60 companies across the world claim to offer protein design and engineering services
Majority of the players engaged in this domain are small firms (11-50 employees, 75%), followed by mid-sized players (51-500 employees, 20%) and large companies (500 employees, 5%). Additionally, most of the service providers (~50%) are headquartered in North America, followed by those based in Europe and Asia Pacific.
Close to 30 protein engineering technologies are presently available in the market
Most (66%) of these technologies support protein characterization, followed by those providing support for in silico analysis (52%) and protein library generation (41%). Further, nearly 70% of the technologies use rational design approach, followed by those using directed evolution and semi-rational design approaches.
50+ partnerships were established in this domain, during the period 2017-2021
Research and development agreements (~20%) emerged as the most common type of partnership model adopted by stakeholders engaged in this domain. Nearly 65% of the total deals were established post 2019, with the maximum activity being reported in 2021 (19).
Over 550 patents related to protein design and engineering have been granted / filed, during the period 2019-2021
Majority (90%) of the patents were filed as applications, followed by granted patents (8%). It is important to highlight that nearly 250 patents were filed / granted in the year 2020. Further, 40% of the total number of patents were filed in North America, which is indicative of the extensive RD activity related to protein design and engineering in this region.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players offering protein design and engineering services?
- What is the relative competitiveness of different protein design and engineering service providers?
- What are the popular types of protein design and engineering technologies available in the market?
- What types of partnership models are commonly being adopted by stakeholders in this industry?
- How is the intellectual property landscape in this field likely to evolve in the foreseen future?
- Which are the most active clinical trial centers?
- What are the major market trends and driving factors that are likely to impact the growth of protein design and engineering market?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The financial opportunity within the protein design and engineering services market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Type of Protein Engineering Approach Used
- Rational Designing
- Directed Evolution
- Semi - Rational Designing
- Type of Protein
- Type of Application
- Type of End User
- Pharma / Biotech Firms
- Research / Academic Institutes
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of the World
The report also features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom, growing demand for protein / peptide therapeutics will drive the growth of third-party service providers engaged in the protein design and engineering domain, in the coming future. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Roman Badik (Chief Executive Officer, Enantis)
- Haibin Chen (Vice President - RD, Enzymaster)
- Naveen Kulkarni (Chief Executive Officer, Quantumzyme)
For additional details, please visit
or email [email protected]
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- ADC Cytotoxic Payloads / Warheads Market: Products and Services Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2035
- Site Management Organizations (SMO) Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2035
- Human Microbiome Market (4th Edition)
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091